The Healing Crystal Chakra Blog Series (1/7): Root Chakra and Red Jasper
This is a 7 Part Series on Chakra Healing Crystals and their corresponding Chakra's (energy centres).
The Root Chakra and Red Jasper:
Located at the base of the spine, the first three vertebrae and the pelvic floor, the Muladhara (root) chakra is responsible for your sense of safety and security in this world. The word Muladhara breaks down into two Sanskrit words: Mula meaning “root” and Adhara, which means “support” or “base.”
- Element: Earth
- Purpose: Foundation, support, stability
- Petals: Four
- Seed Sound: Lam
- Deficient: Scattered, ungrounded, underweight
- Excessive: Heavy, lethargic, overweight
- Balanced: Stable, aligned
Poses which energise and stretch the legs are great for balancing your root chakra.
- Dynamic Poses: Tree Pose (Vrksasana), Chair Pose (Utkatasana),
- Standing Forward Fold (Uttanasana)
- Relaxing Poses: Childs Pose (Balasana), Seated Forward Fold
- (Paschimottanasana), Corpse Pose (Savasana)
How To Use Your Chakra Healing Crystal Set With The Root Chakra:
Jasper, found in our 11 Piece Healing Crystal Set, is a grounding rock that can help you gain strength in both your physical body and emotions. This is a great crystal for ‘earthing’, the healthy practice of grounding into the earth’s energy: hold a jasper crystal while you sit outside with your bare feet.